The Dtorque is a 50 horsepower turbo diesel outboard that was developed from scratch in Germany by Neander. It’s currently the world’s only 50hp diesel outboard.
When compared to a gasoline outboard, the Dtorque offers a number of advantages. For example:
- It’s 40% more fuel efficient, which can save you money on fuel costs.
- Our 50 horsepower engine has the same torque as a 90hp gasoline engine.
- The Dtorque requires less frequent service intervals at every 250 hours as opposed to 100 hours on an equivalent gasoline outboard, saving you time and money.
- Diesel doesn’t spark ignite like gasoline, so it’s a safer choice when out at sea.
- The Dtorque could reduce your carbon footprint by 25%, making it an eco-friendly choice.
The Dtorque 50 is compliant with NATO’s single fuel policy and is also ideal for customers who require SOLAS certified engines.
Overall, the Dtorque 50 offers the power, reliability, convenience, and low costs of a diesel in-board while matching the weight, maneuverability, and serviceability of a petrol outboard. As a result, it has been chosen by several companies, including Viking Cruises, Hurtigruten, Mystic Cruises, and Holland America Line.
Have a look at the technical specifications of the Dtorque and interesting performance data according to application and boat type.
The Dtorque can be bought directly from us, or bought and serviced by authorised Neander partners across 86 countries on 5 continents. Find your local distributor or dealer.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click the button below to contact us, we will be happy to help.