INNOVATION IS OUR DRIVE
Neander Shark GmbH with the Headquarter in Kiel, Germany, is an innovative engineering company with a start-up character in the field of engine development. Our international team consists of around 30 motivated employees.
Since 2018, we have been in series marketing of our turbo diesel outboard engine with our patented double crankshaft technology. The end customers of our engine are predominantly from the commercial shipping industry, as this is where our unit primarily shows its advantages. On the production side, YANMAR Italy S.p.A. is our reliable partner.
Neander is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to support our business growth. The individual must have a proven track record of implementing and managing an automotive type Supplier Quality Management System or similar. This exciting opportunity will give the right person the chance to develop a class leading quality system within a rapidly expanding marine outboard business and the chance to manage a global supply chain. For this reason, we are looking for further reinforcement:
SENIOR SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER (M/F/D)
Your tasks in our team are various and complex:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director the successful candidate will be responsible for assuring the quality of components and subassemblies delivered to Neander from its global supply chain, as well as working with the suppliers and Buyers to improve component quality and delivery.
You will coach and support the less experienced members of the team as necessary. The role will also include an element of internal audit management.
- Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
- Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
- Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
- Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
- Maintenance of the Component Quality Plan Database.
- Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
- Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
- Supporting supplier root cause analysis and corrective action planning, as required.
- Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions.
- Collating and evaluating supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Acting as Senior Supplier Development Engineer when required, by leading supplier improvement activities.
- Reporting internally on supplier quality performance.
Experienced and on time – your profile speaks for itself:
- Leadership skills.
- ISO 9001:2015 qualification.
- Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Metrology, inspection methods and equipment.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Understanding manufacturing processes.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
- Experienced in internal audit processes
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification
- Fluent in English both spoken & written
Following abilities will be of advantage:
- IATF 16949:2016 qualification.
- Knowledge of OHSAS18001 / ISO45001.
- Knowledge of ISO14001.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt.
- German language skills.
We are looking for candidates who
- are highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker,
- have clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done,
- have excellent communication skills,
- are enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment,
- have a high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence,
- are committed to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team,
- have willingness to travel internationally & locally.
Why join us?
Due to growing structures and processes, the advertised position offers a certain creative freedom, so that you do not only move on well-trodden paths. This includes friendly interaction with each other as well as performance-related remuneration combined with individual development opportunities.
- Type of contract: permanent
- Attractive remuneration
- Vacancy: open for immediate occupation
- Location: Kiel, Germany or Brighton, England
- Holidays: 25 per annum, progression by period of employment up to 28 days
- Working days: Monday to Friday, holidays excluded
NEANDER SHARK GMBH | Falklandstr. 1-3 | 24159 Kiel | GERMANY
Please send your informative documents including your salary expectations to Mr. Duncan Green | Phone: +49 (0) 431 – 22 13 97 10 | email@example.com